Sarisbury’s war memorial is a slender tapering white stone shaft with capital supporting a cross which rises from a square stone plinth. Over the last 99 years the names have become worn and were in some cases becoming indecipherable.
Fareham Borough Council
has responsibility for all war memorials in the Borough and undertook to arrange repairs.
The memorial is rightly now proudly and clearly displaying the village’s fallen from the two world wars close to the condition it was in when unveiled in 1921.
WE WILL REMEMBER THEM